|12th Sep 2014✧22:502 notes
|11th Sep 2014✧15:45111,351 notes|
90+% of all Muslims are vehemently against ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Boko Haram and all Wahhabis. They are victims of these groups, not supporters. Calling and rebranding ISIS the “Islamic State” is crucial in fomenting anti-Muslim opinion and support.
There have to be “Muslims” who participate in and support these groups, to make them work. These are the mercenaries, the jackals who betray their own people. They are a minuscule percent of the whole, whom they attack. We rarely become vociferous when they brutally attack their own countrymen, only when it hits close to home.
Never forget the 2,977 innocent lives lost as a result of 9/11, but also never forget the 133,000+ Iraqi civilians, 20,000+ Afghani civilians, and the 20,000+ Pakistani civilians murdered for something they too had no part in.
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." -Mahatma Gandhi
|11th Sep 2014✧14:5418,653 notes|
|11th Sep 2014✧14:3442,066 notes|
"tea is just leaf water!" "yeah well coffee is just bean water!" wow, it’s. it’s like everything is made of things. this door is just wood rectangle. this poster is just ink paper. this lemonade is just lemon water. wow, it’s like you can combine ingredients to make things that are more enjoyable than the initial parts of the equation. sure is a magical world we live in
top 5 harry moments
- WALKING TO THE FOREST TO DIE everything from harry waking up in dumbledore’s office to voldemort killing him is just exquisite — harry’s realisation that dumbledore had been grooming him for death and harry being hyperaware of his own body, “brain and nerve and bounding heart” is all so gorgeous and sad and wonderful, and he’s so brave. HE’S SO BRAVE. I’M SO FUCKING SAD IT’S BEEN 7 YEARS
- destroying dumbledore’s office i love this scene because after 4 books of harry keeping shit to himself and sitting on his feelings you get lots of minor, small explosions post-cedric dying and then THIS, it’s a NUCLEAR BOMB OF ANGER and it’s so satisfying to read but also the most painful thing in the world, ever
- politely asking the sphinx to move, please this cracks me up every time. if someone was like show me ONE THING that DEFINES harry james potter AS A HUMAN AND A CHARACTER i would show them this scene. life-threatening wizard competition. dangerous magical creature. “can you move, please?” my son
- torturing amycus after he spit on mcgonagall this means A Lot to me because harry just straight up crucios that fucker without any hesitation or warm-up and puts so much feeling behind it. anything where harry is morally grey is my favourite because he’s The Saviour and the Master of Death and it’s like yeah, and he just crucio’d a dude so hard he flew across the room and passed out
- "you don’t have to call me ‘sir’, professor" any scene where harry backchats snape is fantastic but i distinctly remember reading this scene and being like OOOHHHH OOOOOHHHH SICK BUUURRNNNN OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH